automotive engineering technician
Lee-On-The-Solent, Hampshire Salary: £18,290 per annum (FTE),
Type of contract: CDI
Working hours: 37 hours per week (FTE)
Closing date: Saturday April 30, 2022
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Engineering Technician specializing in automotive engineering to join our dedicated engineering team. This will be for an immediate start.
The primary role is to support engineering faculty in delivering the program in one of our busy shop environments. Your main tasks will include:
* Prepare, set up and clean up demonstrations and labs for allocated areas that cover automotive and endpoint assessments.
* Assist lecturers and professional trainers and students during the practical element of classes. Undertake PAT testing of electrical equipment (appropriate training will be provided for this).
* Maintain engineering department equipment and ensure all equipment is usable and safe to use. Also ensure that faults are repaired in a timely manner.
* Order of consumables, spare parts, teaching materials as needed.
* Support the department to ensure that we provide the best possible learning experience for students
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
* Qualified at least to GCSE C level in English and Maths
* Ideally the candidate will have an appropriate qualification in Mechanical/Electrical/Manufacturing Engineering.
* A passion for working with young adults. Understanding of safety requirements in workshop areas.
* Experience in prioritizing and organizing workload, supporting a team.
* Show initiative and be able to work without supervision.
* Competent in the use of standard computer software packages to administer tasks
30 days annual leave (excluding holidays), generous local government pension plan, free on-site gym, staff development opportunities, staff recognition program, employee referral
Incentive and access to many other benefits
As part of the development program, we will offer the right candidate either the opportunity to study the relevant engineering HNC or, if already done, the opportunity to study teaching, learning and assessment to progress into a speaking role.
The College is committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
CEMAST offers brand new state-of-the-art facilities including workshops, classrooms, a learning resource center and a Starbucks coffee shop. The successful candidate will be a member of a team of over 30 academic and business support staff. We pride ourselves on providing the best technical and vocational training to put our students on the path to exciting and rewarding careers.