VERSAILLES, Ky. – Eleven colleges from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) will receive 32 cars for automotive technology programs, thanks to a donation from Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky.
What would you like to know
- Toyota donates 32 cars to 11 KCTCS colleges
- Cars will go to automotive technology programs
- The programs teach students about troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, servicing and repair of automobiles
Vehicle types donated include Camry, Avalon and Lexus, ranging from 2018-2021 models with several hybrids.
“These vehicles offer KCTCS students the opportunity to learn about the latest technologies in the automotive world,” said a statement from KCTCS. “Many colleges would not have been able to purchase vehicles as often as needed to stay on top of technology. Toyota donations therefore ensure that KCTCS students are at the forefront of the automotive industry. “
“We are extremely grateful for this gift from Toyota,” said KCTCS President Paul Czarapata. “Technology changes rapidly, so these new vehicles will help students prepare to leave college and launch into high-demand careers. “
KCTCS said the Automotive Technology program teaches students about troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, servicing, and repair of automobiles while preparing graduates for entry-level service technician jobs in the automotive industry. auto repair.
“We believe it is our responsibility to partner with educators to support career development programs that help develop our future workforce,” said Kim Ogle, Toyota Director of Corporate Communications Kentucky. “Our goal is to help prepare students for future workforce success and expose them to an industry that is a vital component of the Kentucky economy.”
The colleges receiving vehicles are:
- Ashland Community and Technical College
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
- Gateway Community and Technical College
- Community and Technical College of Hazards
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Owensboro Community and Technical College
- South Central Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Western Kentucky Community and Technical College